I’m so excited to end this week with the results of our most recent DS Hashtag Challenge: #DSStorefronts. My goal with this challenge was not just to find visual inspiration from great storefronts, but to also highlight some of the great brick-and-mortar shops across the globe. And your photos did not disappoint! From Mexico, Argentina, the UK, Australia and beyond, your snaps of amazing shops, stores and restaurants have given me so much inspiration. Beautifully lettered logos, neon signs, painted exteriors — these spaces have it all, and there are so many ideas here that could be carried into both home and studio designs.
So until Monday, here’s wishing you all a safe and happy weekend and lots to spark your creativity! Thank you again to everyone who shared their #dsstorefronts photos with us! Click through the slideshow above to see them all. xo, grace
- A big congrats to Joy of Oh Joy! who designed this year’s White House Easter Egg Roll Logo!
- Need a pick-me-up this week? This guy dancing to Alicia Keys in Alaska is it.
- The EU is putting an end to knock-off designs. Fascinating food for thought.
- Real Simple had me and my “home office” (aka, our kitchen table) in their March issue. Thanks, RS!
- I love this piece at Teen Vogue about 10 Black Women Who Are Changing the Game.
- Have you seen this old-world wallpaper-making video? AMAZING.
- Studio Tours: Semikah Textiles
- DIY: How to make Paper Hellebores
- Before & After: An Iowa Entryway Makeover
- City Guide: Philadelphia, PA
- What’s In Your Toolbox: Florist Sammy Go