Earlier this year, Helena Price set out to discover and shed light on those underrepresented individuals (people of color, women, people aged 50+, LGBT, disabled, working parents, etc.) working in the technology space. In an effort to celebrate the triumphs, illuminate the hardships, and showcase a more comprehensive picture of the industry, this week she launched Techies, a portrait project that shares the stories of these Silicon Valley tech employees. Seriously impressive!
Inspired by this project, today’s roundup features the best links from the web this week surrounding storytelling, technology and underrepresented individuals – along with this week’s awesome D*S posts. –Sabrina
- Apple’s new film starring an autistic teen and how technology has transformed his life will give you chills.
- Talking about money doesn’t have to be awkward. Here are a former HR specialist’s tips for how to ask for a raise.
- IKEA launched a new app that bridges virtual reality with kitchen design and planning.
- Monday Mood: Reinvent
- City Guide: São Paulo, Brazil
- What’s In Your Toolbox: Erin Francois
- Fine Art Focus: Yuko Yamamoto