No matter how many amazing technological and social media breakthroughs we make, I will always love the idea of a magazine. Whether it’s printed on glossy pages or thick matte stock, there’s something about a collection of ideas and stories – unified around a single theme – that will always be my go-to choice for inspiration. My collection of print magazines spans from old House & Garden issues from the 30s and 40s to all of my favorite issues of Nest and beyond. But I’m always on the hunt for new publications to add to my watch list.
One of my new favorites is Home Zine, out of Australia. Created by Carla McRae and Tallulah Fontaine, Home Zine is now on its third issue, which focuses on the idea of PEOPLE. The issue features artwork, photography, writing and ideas by artists like Megan James, Kaye Blegvad, Felix Wilson, Ghost Patrol, Leta Sobierajski, Wade Jeffree, Saki Souda and many more. I love the the contrast of thoughtful and serious photography alongside whimsical, candy-colored illustrations, so this issue was a major highlight of my week. If you’re looking for something fun to add to your magazine collection, click here to check out and order the latest issue of Home Zine online. Until Monday, have a wonderful weekend! xo, grace
- Love is in the Air: I cannot stop watching this machine that makes giant hearts from bubbles.
- Swing Low: I’ve been thinking about getting a pair of these major earrings to wear on the book tour this fall. Because let’s face it, I’m not much of a clothes horse, but I do love a good chandelier earring.
- Gone Too Soon: Selena will receive a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame 21 years after her death. I will be listening to one of her biggest hits on repeat to remember.
- July 4th Fun: This DIY flag tablecloth by David Stark is a modern twist on a classic look.
- Head to Toe: This “Beauty Routine” story at Cup of Jo might feature the only hat I’d ever consider wearing. Although, maybe it’s safer if I just admire it on her…
- Beady Eyed: The desert-colored beads on this necklace at Leif are calling my name. This is the perfect sort of piece to throw on over a white t-shirt and just hit the road, knowing you look effortlessly cool (hopefully).
- Rent Don’t Buy: These amazing rental houses at Remodelista are chic beyond belief. This one (above) in particular is singing my song.
- DIY Projects: DIY Paper Mushroom Tutorial
- Food + Drink: Greg and Lucy Malouf’s Toasted Quinoa Salad
- Before & After: A Philadelphia Family Apartment in the Heart of the City